What is Intermed-Consult’s MRP for Spinal Cord Injury patients?
- A multi-modular Medical Recovery Program, specially developed for the requirements of SCI patients.
- An intensive 6-8 weeks lasting medical rehabilitation and training program, targeting primarily on a significant improvement of the overall condition of SCI patients.
- Objective and best case outcome is giving the patient back his ability to stand up and walk again with the help of the most advanced exoskeleton system ReWalk®, representing the latest technology of walking aids for paralyzed patients.
Modules of our Medical Recovery Program:
- Thorough neuro-orthopedic re-assessment of medical condition / status evaluation.
- Individualized, special physiotherapy program to stabilize or even improve residual functions (muscle power, joint mobility) of upper and (if possible) lower limbs.
- Professional configuration and adjustment of our wearable ReWalk® system to provide a customized optimal fit for each patient.
- Personal one-on-one training sessions with our certified ReWalk® instructors to get used to the handling and usage of the device. With each training session, patients improve their skills – even walking steps is possible with our system after a sufficient training period!
- Concomitant special electromagnetic field therapy (BEMER® Physical Vascular Therapy) for an effective stimulation of microcirculation, supporting the body’s most important control mechanisms for healing, recovery and regeneration processes.
Positive longterm effects from regaining mobility by our Medical Recovery Program:
- Preservation of bone mass (osteoporosis prophylaxis)
- Prevention of pressure sores
- Improvement of psychological condition
- Improvement of general physical constitution / less pain
- Improvement of bladder function / less urinary infections
- Improvement of bowel function
- Improvement of sleep / less fatigue
ReWalk® is a wearable robotic exoskeleton that provides powered hip and knee motion to enable individuals with Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) to stand upright, walk, turn, and climb and descend stairs. The system allows independent, controlled walking, while mimicking the natural gait pattern of the legs.
The new ReWalk® Personal 6.0 System is designed for all day use at home and in the community. It is the most customizable exoskeleton and is configured specifically for our patients. This precise fit optimizes safety, function and joint alignment. After an initial rental period for training and testing purposes, the system can be bought for regular use at home.
BEMER physical vascular therapy uses electromagnetically transmitted signals to stimulate the pumping movement of the smallest blood vessels, renormalising the blood flow in parts of the body affected by negative impact of immobility and missing nervous innervation. The body’s cells are increasingly better supplied with oxygen and nutrients, which initiates important mechanisms for healing, recovery and regeneration processes. These mechanisms provide energy for an increasing physical and mental performance and typically lead to a general sense of well-being.